Things that you should know before calling a home inspector
When you call a home inspector
I just thought that this post will be helpful for people who need a quote for a house or condo inspection. Here are the most important things that a home inspector will ask you in order to determine the inspection fee. Be prepare to answer the following questions when calling a home inspector:
1. Is this a house, townhouse, a condo or a commercial building?
2. How big is the property? (best is to know the square footage)
3. How old is the property? (if you are not sure it’s ok, we can look online at the real estate listing of the property)
4. Is it occupied? (if its occupied the home inspection will take less time than normal)
5. Where is it located? (It’s best to have the exact address)
6. Should this property be tested for Radon gas or mold? (These tests don’t come standard with a home inspection and they cost extra. Some inspectors won’t even offer these extra services. Make sure you ask them first.)
Of course that some home inspectors will ask you some other questions about the property but these are the most important ones.